First of all, sorry for the long pause between my first two posts. Final exams got too crazy, which fed into the holiday season. I'm finally just catching my breath now.
We're about halfway through the first month of a new year and I truly feel like this year and the new semester that it brings will be different. I had a very difficult fall semester - I can admit this now. I lost a lot of myself, maybe even gave some of that up willingly. I'm ready to retrieve those parts I lost and find myself again.
This semester is going to be very different! I'll be working in downtown DC for internship credit and I anticipate experiencing a lot of new and exciting things. I've felt very stagnant lately, so learning new things is highly anticipated. I'm even looking forward to working on my Masters thesis and finally getting to sit down and devoting time to my academic passions. And of course, I'm finally getting to take part in the program that is the reason I am at this seminary in the first place. I truly feel that this is well-deserved since seminary has been a bigger struggle than I had ever thought it would be. All things considered, I have a pretty good feeling about what my schedule/life looks like this semester.
As far as my personal life goes... I'm excited to be moving into my first "real" apartment. It's not so real in the sense that it's still on campus, but this is my first chance at having a place I can call my own. And I'm pretty excited about my roommate (who incidentally is flying back to town today! YAY!) who's just really fun to live with. She keeps me sane. Of course, the not-so-happy part of my personal life right now is that my boyfriend is leaving for Korea in February to do a year-long mission trip. I've never been a huge fan of long distance relationships, but I trust that God knows what He's doing. And even though I'm not looking forward to our time apart, I know that good things will come out of it at the end of the day.
All in all, I'm really excited for this time in my life and I look forward to all the great (and not-so-great) things that will happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment